Brothers Harry and Jim White opened their first shop in Ewell, Surrey, in 1935. Successful pig farmers, they sold the tastiest pork in the county. With a shared passion, they set about creating the best sausage money could buy, using an old family recipe handed down from their father. News of their tasty new sausages (Surrey’s and Traditional Pork) soon spread, and families travelled miles to queue down the street to buy them.
Over the following decades, they continued to make and sell premium pork sausages, and as a play on Jim's passion for pork, his stature, and of course his surname, the name Porky Whites was born.